HOW TO BECOME CERTIFIED
HOW TO BECOME CERTIFIED
The NHCLP designation provides credibility that helps customers choose who to work with in an industry with a wide range of skills and competencies. An NHCLP must commit to continuing education to learn the latest industry developments, newest products, and best practices. They go the extra mile to make sure their customers are successful.
The Advantages of Certification
- Education in many areas of landscaping including plant identification, current methods and ideas, policies and professionalism.
- Certification opens doors with potential clients and employers.
- A better professional image in the eyes of the customer through the use of the NHLA Certified Landscape Professional logo.
- Separate listings of Certified Professionals in the NHLA directory, the website, and flyers.
- A professional advantage on bid work
- Personal growth
- Every NHCLP is backed up by a network of other capable, certified industry professionals dedicated to setting the highest standards of service.
Steps to Certification
The following three steps must be take in order to earn certification:
- Complete the attached document to register for the exam.
- Mail your Application, Code of Ethics and exam fee ($120 for NHLA members; $150 for non-members; the fee for taking one part of the exam is $60 for members and $75 for non-members).
- Take an exam.
The written and Plant ID portions of the NHCLP Exam are offered in March and September. Advance registration is required.
2023 Certification Exam:
Exam Date/Time: September 23, 2023, 1- 4 pm (Plant ID and Written portion offered)
Location: Millican Nurseries, 187 Pleasant St, Chichester
Exam Registration: Prospective NHCLPs must register for the exam by September 16, 2023.
The NHCLP exam is based on the NHLA Certification Manual. The manual, as a pdf file on a thumb drive, is included in your certification application fee. All the exam questions come directly from the manual so a comprehensive study of the manual is highly recommended. Please see information about our Manual Review Course (link below)
If you would like to receive a manual without registering for the exam they can be purchased by sending a check for $30.00,
made payable to NHLA to: Abby Zuidema, NHLA Certification Coordinator, c/o Pam Moreau, 13 Rancourt Street, Nashua, NH 03064.
If you have questions, please contact the NHLA Certification Coordinator, Abby Zuidema, 603-502-4894, firstname.lastname@example.org.